Saturday 11 February 2017

                         Term One 2017

Welcome back to another school year. What a lovely group of super learners there are in Room12. Great to have  my Year 5 children back, and a warm welcome from all of us to the new Year 4 children. I am looking forward to working with you all this year. 
I enjoyed meeting parents and setting goals with your children. Thank you for coming. 

Welcome to Amanda Burrows who has joined us. I taught her mother and her two aunties. Her nana also worked at Opawa School How is that for a piece of history.

Writing -  We looked at a picture of the classroom,  and then wrote a piece called "Moment In Time"
Here are some pieces of  the children's writing.




I saw children crowding around the work sheets.
I heard the teacher talking.
I felt happy because my friends are in this room.
I wonder how this year will be.
                                                  By Mia 

I saw children crowding everywhere.
I heard children from different classes chit-chatting to each other.
I felt too shy to make new friends, and I was too anxious to speak.
I wondered if I would get to know people properly.
                                                                                    By Eileen

I saw a television on the wall.
I heard people talking.
I felt angry because I wasn't ready to start school.
I wondered how long it was until home time.
                                                                By Isaac

I saw books on top of shelves.
I heard people talking to each other.
I felt tired, very tired.
I wondered if this was going to be a good day.
                                                                By James.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.